During physical education lesson today, we did the high jump. Register one to twenty of the class had to participate and the others went to play floorball. Our teacher, Mr Lee, arranged a few thick mattresses on the floor and two poles with a bar across to prepare for the high jump. He put some cones on the left side and some on the right side. Those students whose last leg that leaves the ground is the left leg, had to start on the right side. Those whose last leg that leaves the ground is the right leg had to start on the left side.
So we started by a warm up. When it was my turn, I felt very nervous. I ran and jumped as hard as I could but ended up failing. Peals of laughter erupted. I felt very embarrassed. However on the first trial which is counted, I managed to jump over the pole. A lot of my class mates clapped since I failed the first time but passed the second time. Half of the people passed the first trial.
During the second trial, the height of the pole increased to about 1.15 metres. I thought I would fail since I failed during the warm up. However, I told myself I could do it. I failed during the first try but actually passed during the second try! I felt very happy and excited, since only three people passed the second trial.
During the third trial, the height was raised to about 1.3 metres. This time, the pole was really high. I thought it was impossible. Register number 4, Zhi Jun, started before me. He jumped very high but still did not pass. I also failed since the pole was very high. Register number 16, Justin, also did not manage to get over the pole. No one passed during the second try either. however on the third try, I managed to jump over the pole! I was delighted, the applause was like music to my ears.

No comments:
Post a Comment