Sunday, January 23, 2011

23 Jan 2011

During this afternoon, I went to Fu Lu Shou Complex for my tuition. My father brought me there in his car. He parked his car at a nearby car park instead off dropping me off at the complex because he said that the complex would be very crowded. Indeed, the traffic was unusually heavy today. I guess it must be because of the oncoming Lunar New Year and many people were there to buy Chinese goodies. 

I walked past Rochor center and I saw a lot of stalls selling Chinese new year decorations with a lot of rabbits while squeezing through the crowd. Those decorations were very cheap and there were a lot of people buying them.

As I continued walking to the complex, I walked past Albert hawker center. The hawker center was bustling with people of all ages. Luckily I already ate at home so I did not need to go to the hawker center to eat or else I would not have been able to find an available seat. The second floor of the hawker center has many stalls selling dried food such as dried scallop, sea cucumber and abalone. I know it must have been even more crowded than the first floor even though I did not go there. There was also a stage where some people were singing Chinese new year songs near the hawker center. 

It is always my parents buying all these Chinese goodies so I feel that it was a great experience to see how busy and excited Chinese people are when its near the festival. Maybe I will go there and buy the food with my parents next year to feel the true excitement of Lunar New Year.      

No comments:

Post a Comment